Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Entry
1. I the undersigned in consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Research/Kangaroo Ground “Run for the Firies” Fun Run (the event) for myself, my heirs, executors and/or administrators (we) hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which we might otherwise have arising out of my death or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever I may suffer or sustain in the course of, or consequent upon my entry or participation in the event.
2. This waiver, release and discharge shall be, and operate separately, in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and their servants, agents, representatives but is not limited to the event organisers, medical and paramedical personnel, police officers and shall so operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributable to the act or neglect of any one or more of them.
3. If entrant is under 18, I certify that I am the parent/legal guardian of and she/he has my consent to participate in the Research/Kangaroo Ground Fun Run.
4. The entry fee is not refundable in all circumstances including cancellation of the event.
5. I acknowledge that I should seek medical advice prior to participation in the event if I have suffered or I am suffering from any medical condition. I have listed on the entry form any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance. I hereby consent to receive, at my expense, medical treatment including ambulance, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
6. I agree to all rules and regulations, which will be received with my Participant Pack, and agree to conform to them.
7. Event Dispute Resolution:
There will be a twenty minute time period between the posting of the event results and the presentation ceremony. Any objections or concerns in relation to the first three places (prize winners) in each event should be raised during this time.
If there are no objections or concerns received prior to the presentation, the results for the prize winners will be deemed as final.
8. Copyright and right to use image:
I acknowledge and consent to photographs being taken of me during my participation in the Event. I acknowledge that the photographs are owned by the Event organisers and that the Event Organisers may use the photographs for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being obtained. Further, I consent to the Event organisers using my name, image, likeness and also my performance in the Event, at any time, to promote the Event by any form of Media.
9. Prevailing conditions: The Event and the conduct of, and participation in the Event will be affected by weather and associated conditions. I acknowledge these conditions are governed by chance and are not under the control of the Event organiser.
10. This document is not amendable. Any amendments to this document will render this entry void and null.
11. I hereby attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event.
12. I understand that my personal details may be shared with other parties involved in this event for medical, promotional or statistical purposes.
13. I certify that I am participating in or am the parent or guardian of a child who is under 16 years of age participating in the event and have read this agreement and fully understand it.
14. I hereby acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment during the event.
15. I understand that my entry fee does not include personal insurance for me or my possessions.