Location and Parking
The event will be held at the Eltham North Adventure Playground Reserve with plenty of parking available nearby. Additional parking will also be available at the soccer field which is located about 300m North on Wattletree Rd.
There is also on-street parking available behind Eltham North Primary School in Lower Rd, out the front of the old Sharky’s fish & chip shop and in the Edendale Farm carpark.
Early arrivers and those with disabilities / special needs will be able to park in the adventure playground parking area. When the carpark is full, the entrance to road will be blocked off.
Arrival at event
Whilst there is plenty of parking available at and around the event location, the earlier you arrive the better chance you will have for a good parking spot. The registration area will be open from 7.15am on the morning of the event and we recommend that you arrive as early as possible to avoid a last minute rush.
In the registration area there will be a clearly marked areas, one for pre-registrations and one for on the day registrations.
- The Pre-Registered section is for people who have pre-registered and need to collect their bib, proceed to this area to either finalise your payment and or to collect your bib.
- The On the Day Registration area is where people can complete an entry form, pay and register on the day, and collect their race bib.
Before the race
There will be cloakroom facilities available for any items you have with you on the day but may not wish to carry during the event. You will be provided with a bag when you collect your race bib that you can use for any items you may wish to leave in the cloakroom.
Please note: Whilst we will take all reasonable care with securing your belongings, all items are left entirely at your own risk.
Please be aware that as this is an electronically timed event, your event timing does not commence until you physically cross the start line. We therefore request that competitors depart the start line in an orderly and safe manner to prevent overcrowding and possible injury on the narrow track.
To allow for safe crossing of the nearby railway line, we will be having the following staggered starts:
- The main warm-up will commence at 8:25 am with the 10km runners leaving at 8.30 am.
- A second warm-up for the 6 & 4km runners will start at 8:35 and the runners will head off at 8.40 am.
- Those people who are walking the 4km course are asked to wait for a 8.43 am start.
During the Event
To make things easier for the more serious competitors, we ask that the following guidelines be followed during the event:
– All participants are asked to keep to the left on the path during the event
– Walkers are to give to way runners.
– Please be courteous when people wish to pass or overtake, remembering that we are all there to have fun.